IN PERSON COURSE
- No prerequisite training required
This is a beginner level course in composite manufacturing. Students will receive hands-on training and experience in the construction of a basic fiberglass assembly. Each student will have a chance to complete a project from start to finish, including cutting, shaping, building the composite layers, applying resin, and vacuum bagging the product.
- We can only make boards between 145cm and 164cm
- We can only make regular and reverse cambers (No hybrids)
This is a hands-on course using power tools, hand tools, hazardous chemicals and materials. All safety concerns will be addressed in class, but students should be prepared for physical labor and dress accordingly. If you have any other questions contact the instructor, Damian Cianci: email@example.com.
There are no academic requirements to meet before registering for any of these courses, but there will be considerable use of power tools and other shop related equipment so a basic understanding will be helpful.
* If you don't see a time that works for your schedule, and you have at least three people, contact the instructor and we can schedule it.
Mailing List Signup
- Composite materials handling
- CNC machining of base and core materials
- Metal shaping
- Interface preparation - cleaning and sanding
- Core shaping
- Core preparation
- Composite hand layup
- Mold and tooling preparation
- Vacuum bagging
- Composite cutting and drilling
- Composite finishing - Grinding and polishing
- Click here to get notified of upcoming classes!
Class Dates and Times:
Class Number 23200
June 7 - June 28
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructor: Brendon Seaver
The college has recently moved to a new system and the process is a bit different
Online Registration Login Page - CTCLInk
- Follow the link below - login in or create an account
- Go to "Student Homepage"
- Choose "Manage Classes"
- "Class Search and Enroll"
- Choose Edmonds College and the quater (Control + F to search page)
- Search for class name or number (Class Number will get you to where you want faster)
- All our classes fall under "Special Topics: Manufacturing". This means if you search for UAV for example you may still find all our classes listed
If you have troubles with the online registrationr:
- Call our registration office
- Give them the name and cnumber of the class you wish to register for
Contact Damian Cianci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Business Training Center of Edmonds Community College has been "off-campus" in the heart of the community providing practical industry focused education since 1998