* Webcam and microphone are needed
No prerequisites - This course is designed for the student with little or no experience in CATIA or Computer Aided Design (CAD) but having a good understanding of computer usage would be very helpful.
Entry Level - No Prerequisite
Online Course Information
A few days prior to the course you will receive an email invite to the video class meetings. Typically this is Webex. We'd also recommend using the webex client install rather than the just the webpage video. Other items such as the class website and materials pick will also be discussed after class start. No materials are required for the first class sessions. All you need to do is log into the video meeting.
This course will help students become comfortable with one of the industry's largest CAD package, CATIA Part Design, using the latest software from Dassault Systems, 3DExperience. The 3DExperience platform is a new way to work within the total manufacturing environment or Product Lifecycle Management as you might hear. The idea is that all of your processes are contained in one immense system spanning fabrication to financial. CATIA and all its workbenches (Part Design, Generative Shape Design, etc.) are all just a piece of this enterprise system. For those of you coming from CATIA V5, it might be helpful to know that while the interface has changed, the look and operation of the actual functions are still mostly the same which makes for a fairly easy learning curve. It may take some time before 3DX is taken up by all teams in aerospace, but migration is happening and as with all software, maintaining relevant skills is an inevitability.
Being a beginner course we will spend most of our time going through the various icons and their function. Students will work along with the instructor to build models demonstrating these elements.
Mailing List Signup
- Using the new CATIA 3DX interface
- Recognizing the various design tools
- Creating 2D profiles in Sketcher
- Using sketch constraints and analysis
- Learn to use all the common Part Design tools for solid modeling
- Lofting techniques
- Creating slots, shafts, and grooves from profile
- Mirroring and patterning features
- Understanding and manipulating the Specification Tree
- Learning to use parameters, formulas and design tables
- Creating basic assemblies
- Using the compass to manipulate structures and parts
- Boolean operations
- Basics of surface design
- Creating surfaces with points, angles, and splines
- Splitting, trimming, and extrapolating in wireframe
- Click here to get notified of upcoming classes!
Class Dates and Times:
CATIA 3DX Part Design
Class Number 10866
August 16 - Oct 13
5pm - 6PM
Instructor: Damian Cianci
The college has recently moved to a new system and the process is a bit different
Online Registration Login Page - CTCLInk
- Follow the link below - login in or create an account
- Go to "Student Homepage"
- Choose "Manage Classes"
- "Class Search and Enroll"
- Choose Edmonds College and the quarter (Control + F to search page)
- Search for class name or number (Class Number will get you to where you want faster)
- All our classes fall under "Special Topics: Manufacturing". This means that if for example you search for UAV you may still find all our classes listed
If you have troubles with the online registration:
- Call our registration office
- Give them the name and number of the class you wish to register for
Contact Damian Cianci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Business Training Center of Edmonds Community College has been "off-campus" in the heart of the community providing practical industry focused education since 1998